Did you know that ransomware infects a business computer every 14 seconds? Even more alarming, statistics show that 95% of all cybersecurity attacks are the result of human error!
As we near the end of Cybersecurity Awareness Month, we thought what better way to help you become more cyber aware than to share some personal cybersecurity tips with you. Here are 5 Cyber Tips to help you fight against cybercrime and prevent security breaches:
- Don’t Go Phishing! – This one can be summed up simply: be weary of suspicious emails, phone calls, and flyers! Furthermore, don’t open emails from people you don’t know, hover over links before opening to see where they direct to, and always check for grammatical errors in email addresses (Datasmith vs. Datasmmith, etc.).
- Regularly Update Your Software – An often-overlooked item in personal cybersecurity is the importance of keeping software up to date. Why is this important? Software updates remove critical vulnerabilities that hackers use to access your devices.
- Always Use STRONG Passwords – Passwords are one of the most important pieces of keeping hackers away from your data. Don’t use the same password twice, make sure your password has at least eight characters, and include a lowercase letter, uppercase letter, number, and symbol.
- Utilize Multi-Factor Authentication – An additional layer of security on top of the standard password model. Multi-Factor goes above and beyond the username/password combination, prompting you to enter an additional PIN, additional code, or even fingerprint.
- Backup Data Regularly – Another item that is often overlooked is data backup. One of the best data backup thoughts is the 3-2-1 Rule: keep three copies of your data on two types of media and one copy in an off-site location!
Cybersecurity is now a 24 hour, 7 days a week, 365 days a year job and maintaining a comprehensive cybersecurity posture is critical to your business’s operations.
One of our favorite organizations to work with in the cybersecurity field is Acronis. An industry leader, Acronis works to protect the data, applications, systems, and productivity of every organization they work with.
Acronis Cyber Protection Solutions cover all five vectors of cyber protection and their unique automation features and ever-expanding network of integrations ensure that customers stay protected at all five stages through a single comprehensive solution!
We’re also excited to share that, along with our friends at Acronis, we’ll be hosting an exciting morning of networking and a private showing of the new Avatar 2 movie on Friday, December 16th! The event will start at 9:00am (EST), takes place at Showcase Cinema Patriot Place, and will include a continental breakfast buffet before the movie with insights into a leading cyber protection solution!
At Datasmith, we aim to provide dependable IT services that allow you to focus on what matters to you the most: your business! Offering cyber tips, hosting networking events, and partnering with industry leaders are just a few of the ways we do that. Contact us today to learn more about our cybersecurity solutions, find out more about Acronis, or to register for our upcoming event!